Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Somewhere A Compass Can't Point

As I am writing this, I am sitting on a balcony of a lodge in the Rocky Mountains. I can see mountains covered in snow, and the sun beaming down perfectly. It makes me wonder how in the world can people see things like this and NOT believe in God? But more about that later.

Week 1 of camp is done and now evaporated in time. It went by way faster than I had expected it to. It was a smaller camp, only about 400 students but perfect to start out with. The speaker Ed Newton was absolutely phenomenal and students and adults alike could relate to his teaching. David Walker was our worship leader, and he lead worship in a way that was completely natural. You could tell that he wasn't just putting on a show, he was letting God run the show through him. I can honestly say that I have never experienced worship in such a prodigious way.

My team is unquestionably the best. I am so blessed to have each and everyone of them in my life. I am developing relationships now that will last a lifetime.

This weekend as we were traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, we went through Good Ol' Texas. I began to see familiar places and signs, assuring me I was merely a few short minutes from Combine. As we began to pass through, I said Good bye to my hometown once again. It truly was a bittersweet moment, but God dropped a message in my mail box and let me know that I was indeed home in that very van. While my home in Combine is where I sleep and live everyday life, it means nothing. Home is God's will, wherever it may take me. A place a map will never be able to find, and a compass never to point to, because the end result is eternity.

I've realized that being in the center of God's will isn't always a fun place to be. It is lonely, challenging and even dangerous at times; but he has all of me. I am fully devoted and willing. Here I am lord, Send me.



No comments:

Post a Comment